Become a Barfly Contributor
We need good, respectable people who enjoy drinking (responsibly) and appreciate the environment of a hotel bar. I mean, you’re going to go out for a drink anyway, right? So why not start the night off at a hotel bar, take some good notes, talk to the bartender, have a good time and then write a review. Yes, that really is the job assignment.
Read some of our reviews. You’ll see the way we approach them and get a sense of our overall style. Keep in mind this is a positive review site. We look for all the good and only note the bad if it’s necessary (i.e. there’s puke in your pitcher).
Here are the details:
- 500+ words
- Take at least 5 photo’s, one of the exterior, the rest inside (phone pix are fine, but if ya got a nice camera, use it)
- Don’t be a dick
- Don’t be afraid to talk to the staff, ask their names. Including them in the review is a must.
- Be as descriptive as possible. Look around and tell us what you see. The more details, the better.
- Find the good in even the crappiest place… Even the airport Holiday Inn might make a killer Dirty Martini. Find that one thing.
- Things to consider/note:
- Quality of the free bar snacks… yeah.. it’s that important to us!
- When you were there (ie. Saturday night or Tuesday for lunch)
If you’d rather use a pen name, just let us know and we’ll be happy to credit that.
We reserve the right to change the review. Mostly it’ll be for grammar, but if we need to tweak your style a bit, we might do that too.
Send all reviews & photo’s to firstname.lastname@example.org.